Yield: Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 tube of Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage 16 oz./1 lb. (freezer section in the grocery store)
- 1 stalk of celery (including leaves)
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 bag 12oz. Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Classic Stuffing
- Dice up celery (including leaves) and onions.
- In a skillet, brown sausage together with celery and onions, minced garlic, poultry seasoning.
- Add butter
- Mix in dry Herb stuffing bread crumbs.
- Add a small amount of water if needed. I personally like dry stuffing.
I don’t cook my turkey stuffed; I serve my stuffing on the side and drizzle turkey drippings for flavor. To be fancy, you can stuff cook turkey. Just place a couple of spoonfuls of stuffing inside the mouth of the bird and trail the rest out on the platter.